Leather furniture is known for its durability and resistance to stains. However, this doesn’t mean that you should skip the cleaning altogether. On the contrary, you must regularly clean leather chairs and couches along with gently treating stains correctly. If your leather furniture is looking worn-out, these cleaning suggestions will revitalize it in no time. Click To Tweet
The process to clean leather furniture is pretty easy. It only takes a few household ingredients, but must be done correctly to avoid damages and get the stains out. Here’s how we suggest you clean your leather couch:
It’s necessary to clean your leather furniture at least every few months to keep it in pristine condition.
What You Need:
- Vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment
- A few dry microfiber cloths
- A large bowl or bucket
How to Clean Your Leather Regularly:
- Remove cushions
- Use the brush attachment on your vacuum cleaner to suck up any loose dust on the cushions and underneath them.
- Wipe the furniture down with a clean dry cloth.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and water in a bucket.
- Get only a section of the cloth wet with the vinegar mixture and blot the areas that need some love.
- Lastly, wipe the furniture down with a dry, soft cloth.
Pro Tip: When cleaning leather furniture, make sure that you do not saturate the leather. This can cause irreversible damage.
Stain removal is a little trickier. Here’s how we suggest cleaning various types of stains on leather couches:
What You Need to Treat Grease Stains:
- A dry, soft cloth
- baking soda
How to Treat a Grease Stain:
- If the stain is fresh, you must blot the stain, do not rub it. Rubbing the stain can cause it to seep into the furniture and spread.
- For a dry stain, sprinkle baking soda on it. Leave for a few hours.
- Wipe away the baking soda in circular motions with a dry cloth rag.
Clean & Stain-Free Leather
You probably invested a chunk of money into your Chesterfield sofa or other leather furniture. So, it’s understandable that you want it to be clean, stain-free, and presentable. It’s important to remember the above recommendations but to also be gentle with your leather sofas.
Are you looking for more leather cleaning solutions? Join us on Facebook to speak with our team about the best ways to take care of your leather furniture.